Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Easter

I've been MIA for awhile - sorry.  February was a busy month.  We traveled, got sick (I did and I'm still trying to get rid of it after 3 weeks), lots of Dr's appts, etc.

So I finally got around to getting back to stamping last night.  I'm going through my stuff and finally letting go of stuff I haven't used for years.  Not sure how I'm going to sell it.  Maybe E*bay or I might offer it to other stampers in the area that might want it.  

With Spring right around the corner (I hope) I made an Easter card last night.  I love the Stampin' Up! set A Good Egg but haven't really played with it since buying it last year.  I'm trying to figure out how to use it for more than just Easter/Spring cards.  I think the hatching chick would be cute for a baby card but still playing.  Maybe in the next few days I'll have something to show.

So this is what I did last night and I love it!!  It's simple to make, just time consuming because of the steps needed to make it from sending the embossing sleeve through the Big Shot to glittering.  And of course it took me a few minutes to figure out exactly what I wanted to do because I'd do one thing and then decide that glittering would be cool, etc.
Here's a list of the supplies I used:

Inks: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Only Orange, Gable Green
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Gable Green
Other supplies: Dazzling Diamonds (glitter), Scallop Trim Border Punch, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, paper piercer, Small & Large Oval punches, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails